KELLI EDWARDS, MA, CMC
Aging Life Care Professional - Owner / Executive Director
As a certified Aging Life Care Manager since 1999, Kelli Edwards brings more than 35 years of experience in the aging, mental health, and disability fields. Kelli is the Executive Director and Owner of Care Resources LLC.
Her leadership extends to serving on the Florida Aging Life Care
Board of Directors; PR committee, Conference Committee, Webinar Committee, and was a past Tampa Bay Unit Leader.
Her work with the Dunedin Committee on Aging aided the city in becoming the first designated elder ready city in the state. She was their chair for 10 years and is now a member emeritus. She serves as a “resting” elder in her church. All of these experiences have helped her to grow as a leader in her local community and the state.
Kelli has also worked as a Medicare Home Care Social Worker, a Social Service Director of a 120-bed skilled nursing facility and a mental health worker for the Children’s Mental Health Unit at Shand’s Hospital in Gainesville, Florida.
Kelli’s in-depth experience with elder care is supported by her credentials, awards and memberships:
- Associates Degree (AA/AS) in Human Service Program at St. Petersburg College with honors
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA) in Psychology/Sociology from the University of Florida
- Master of Science Degree (MS) in Recreational Studies from University of Florida with an internship at Emory University in Atlanta, GA
- Care Manager Certification (CMC) since 1999
- Member of ALCA, (Aging Life Care Association) since 1998. Kelli received the 2008 ALCA Outstanding Florida Chapter Member award for her service to the organization and the profession
- Member Area Agency on Aging, Better Living for Seniors
- 45 continuing education credits per certification period obtained since 1999
- Local speaker and expert in aging
- Participant in Honor Flight with a 98-year-old client in 2016
- Supports; The Caregiver Network, Rock Steady Boxing for Parkinson’s, Silver Santa’s for in need seniors, Safe Harbor, Dunedin Cares, Pasco Aging Network and more to come
- Member and Active Supporter of BLS
- Lifetime Member of the Dunedin Boat Club
It is her passion to advocate for those in need that keeps Kelli committed to her profession and as a civic leader in her community. She is dedicated to her family, pets, loves nature, the lakes, rivers, and seas she is blessed to live nearby. Kelli is also known as “the picture taker” which she enjoys very much.